Monday, July 6, 2020

Monday, July 6, 2020 - How are you doing? Take a look at this DYI USB Webcam

How to keep up to date on whats going on?
You can add your email to the "Follow by Email" field in the upper right of this page... that way you will get notified when ever I post a new post.

I though this DIY USB Camera Was Cool...
Salvaging USB Webcams from Old Laptops https://blog.adafruit.com/2020/07/05/salvaging-usb-webcams-from-old-laptops/ On this episode of DIY Perks, Matt shows just how easy it is to re-purpose a webcam from an old or dead laptop. Basically all you have to do is figure out which wires are which, hook it up to a USB cable, and you have an extra webcam.

Want to Join a Project?
I'm creating a few project that I want to work on... but I would also like to let you join and work on them too... So If you want to join one of these projects below:
  • Adding New Events Project - This project is all about learning how to do the following... and maybe that's not how to do it. To get started on this project, you should start reading up about PHP and mySql or other database structures. My web host supports PHP and mySql, so that is probably what I'll eventually use.
    • Java Script to capture the input data form
    • More Javascript to create a data structure or object
    • Take that input data structure and feed it to some PHP
    • Which should probably end up in a data base like mySql
  • Flip Timer Project Overview - I want to turn this Flip Clock into a github student managed software project. I want to turn it from a Flip Clock in to a count down timer, and then add in the "lost" flip cards and then use it in class to time activities... Stay Tuned.
Need some "Lite" reading?
Here is a list of mostly Engineering, Math, Machine Learning and Data Science books. There are a bunch of Chemistry, Biology, and Social Science books too... PDF and Free (there are some with out pdf links). I downloaded more than half of them and am going to build a library for my students... I'm sure some of these have way more math that I'm ready for... but they have some cool pictures. I'm excited for the Astrophysics and Data Science books... No... Really... I'm going to read some of these... Check out this PDF file link

No comments:

Post a Comment